Samstag, 19. November 2011

ein paar neue Sachen.... some new projects finished

Jetzt darf ich ihn ja zeigen, das war mein Weihnachtsstiefel für den Tausch bei dem Black Forest Weihnachtstreffen ! mit einem Red Cardinal, die haben es mir seit unserem Michigan Besuch angetan !

Now I can show the stocking I made for the Black Forest Quilters Guild for the christmas exchange ! with a red cardinal, I saw them for the first time during our Michigan visit in summer and think they are just too cute !

Das zweite geheime Projekt war ein Jubiläumsblock für das 20jährige Jubiläum der Black Forest Quilters Gilde, und ich freu mich total, dass mein Block so gut angekommen ist und er jetzt erstens um die Welt reisen darf und zweitens zum Motiv der Pin wird !

The second secret project was the anniversaryblock for the 20th anniversary of the  Black Forest Quilters Guild next year and I'm very happy that my block was so widely accepted, now he will travel the world and will be made into a pin !

Kommentare:

  1. Dein Block ist aber auch super gelungen. Er hat verdient gewonnen. Gratuliere!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cardinals are my favorite bird. I remember playing in the front yard as a kid, and the cardinals wouldn't even fly too far away. Beautiful birds.
    nota bene - I pulled down this picture of the block and will see if I can put together a pattern. Also will start the graphic design for the pin.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. thanks Karen ! I was thinking of making a embroidery pattern out of it ? should work with clear lines ?
    I have never seen real cardinals before ....

    Danke Birgit, freu mich auch, dass der Entwurf aus dem Kopf auch auf/als Stoff funktioniert hat :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Congratulations Lisa !!
    The block is great! I would of voted for you too...fits perfectly.
    Your stocking also turned out nice.

    AntwortenLöschen